(1) Ravaged Earth Returns: The on-again-off-again Ravaged Earth: The World of High-Powered Pulp setting for Savage Worlds RPG has finally seen the light of day in PDF form from Reality Blurs. Rumour has it the physical version is due to hit shelves in November.
(2) The Lantern Is Green: Although no stars or director are yet attached to the project, The Green Lantern movie is due to start filming next Spring.
(3) Mind Uranus: The latest installment of Philip Reeve's fantastic Larklight series of Victorian science-fiction/steam punk fantasy novels has been released in the UK: Mothstorm: The Horror from Beyond
(4) The Name's Pat, Postman Pat: Children's favourite Postman Pat has been given an arsenal of James Bond-style gadgets in his latest 21st Century makeover.
(5) Kenny Might Be Getting Thor: Top actor/director Kenneth Branagh is in negotiations to direct Marvel's forthcoming Thor movie, for release in 2010.
(6) Bolding Going To The Whoniverse: Rumour has it that David Tennant's Hamlet co-star Patrick Stewart (aka Captian Jean-Luc Picard of Star Trek: The Next Generation) could be putting in an appearance during the 2009 run of Doctor Who specials.
(7) It Must Be Winter, It's Snowing On Mars: Canadian scientists, using NASA’s Phoenix Mars Lander, have detected snow on Mars - a good sign for any future planned human habitation of the Red Planet.
(8) Doctor Who Scripts: Russell T Davies has made his scripts for Season Four of the New Doctor Who available for download, as part of the promotion of his new book - The Writer's Tale.
(9) I Want To Eat Your... Bricks! The zombie apocalypse... in Lego... check it out!